Superdrug affordable masks review | £0.99

Sunday, September 17, 2017

I like to try out new skincare products including masks on a regular basis, as I find it interesting to compare high end to drugstore products and see which ones I prefer. I've used high end face masks before that really disappointed me and that I consider extremely overrated. Lately I've been trying out more and more affordable face masks including these 3 Superdrug brand masks: they only cost £0.99 a piece and can be used more than once with the amount of product that is provided. The low price tag left me wondering whetever these were really not worth picking up or actually made a difference to my skin, so here are my thoughts:

  • Superdrug Chocolate Orange Self-Heating Mask 'deeply purifies and hydrates skin' : I personally found this mask extremely messy, when I applied it to my face it just moved around way too much and even dripped onto my shirt. Taking it off, was also a hard process which took me a good 5 minutes. However, I did enjoy the nice warming sensation and the smell of this mask, it also left my skin feeling really soft. I still prefer sheet masks for hydration personally, as they are easy to use, are less messy and show better results.   
  • Would I repurchase? NO.
  •  Superdrug Argan Oil Clay Mask. 'replenishes and softens skin': What I noticed straight away when I opened this mask was a rather strong smell which I wasn't too fond of . The mask dries down slowly and turns white which is common with clay masks. When the mask dries down it leaves a very tightening effect which didn't feel very enjoyable. Surpringly, this mask was easy to take off and it didn't 'strip' down my skin. I actually left my skin feeling rather clean and fresh.In my opinion, this was my favourite out of the 3 and did actually show results.
  • Would I repurchase? YES.
  • Cucumber Cooling Clay Mask 'refreshes and soothes skin': This particular mask is marketed as being targeted towards people with sensitive skin. Now generally, my skin is normal but for 2 weeks when I tried this mask my skin was as dry as a desert, and whatever product I used just seemed to make it worse. I had high expectations as I thought it would be a great product to use with the skin situation I was experiencing at the time, it did however leave a burning sensation on my dry skin. It also didn't provide the cooling effect it promises and felt tightening rather than soothing. I really wouldn't recommend this mask to anyone who is experiencing dry or sensitive skin as it will most likely only get worse using this.
  • Would I repurchase? NO. 

You Might Also Like

2 Kommentare

  1. Aw no, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with some of these! I have super reactive skin so will have to be careful with this range, thanks for the heads up! Your blog is so pretty, I love it :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (I have a little Chip cup giveaway and following back on bloglovin!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for your feedback:) it is appreciated x

      Delete

Share your thoughts and help me get better x

Bloggers of Luxembourg