The Ordinary products | review

Thursday, August 31, 2017

I am sharing this quick review of 3 different The Ordinary products with you today which I've tried for a little longer than a month now. The Ordinary is part of DECIEM which calls itself 'the abnormal beauty company', there are several different brands produced under the umbrella company. The Ordinary is the cheapest alternative out of all the DECIEM brands and is known for its simplicity. Its products are considered unisex and don't seem to target a specific age gap as it offers products for young to aging skin.
It is recommended to only use three The Ordinary products at the same time to make sure the skin will benefit from these effectively and not be oversaturated with oils and products. I purchased these three products on Amazon.co.uk, two of which are skincare products and one is a primer.
  • High-Spreadability Fluid Primer-£5.50: As the name suggests this primer is meant easy to blend and it also promises a lightweight application. Keeping in mind that this primer is a liquid, it is very slippery and I didn't think my makeup was sitting nicely on top of it. It also didn't made my makeup last longer which is ultimately what I'm looking for in a primer. It only claims to smooth out the skin's texture but it left a weird layer and feel on my skin which didn't improve the way my makeup applied. I was hoping this primer would at least make my skin feel hydrated and help with my very dry skin but it actually hasn't. I personally won't be repurchasing this primer but I've heard the tube primers by the brand are meant to be better.
  • 100% Plant-Derived Squalane-£5.50: Squalane is known for being an oil with hydrating properties. It is suitable for all skintypes even acne-prone skin. I really enjoyed this oil to moisturise my dry skin on a daily basis as it left the skin feeling plump and smooth. For the price I believe this is an amazing oil for anyone who doesn't have a go-to oil yet and are trying to find something that works for you. I will definitely repurchase this as it helps me a lot with my dry skin and for the price it just can't be beat in my opinion. 
  • 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil-£5.90: Moroccan Aragan Oils have become extremely popular over the past couple of years maily when it comes to haircare. I love the fact that this Argan Oil by The Ordinary can be used for multiple purposes: on the skin or as a hair oil. I personally don't like this one as much for my hair as I don't think it does enough for my hair type. However, I use it to mix into foundations which is something I do almost every time I wear a medium to full-coverage foundation. It adds luminosity as well as a healthy glow back into the skin while giving the benefits an oil can give over time. I think this is a great way to wear foundation when your skin type is on the drier side, this can help to stay hydrated throughout the day and will help the foundation to refrain from sticking on dry patches.
Overall I think The Ordinary has a great concept and offers some nice products for such an affordable price point. I will definitely try other products from their range in the future once I've used up some of these. Have you tried any products from The Ordinary's range?

You Might Also Like

1 Kommentare

  1. Matched Betting
    Scamtested causes it to be simple that you earn money on the internet. We learn what performs and examine services and products and services! Saving you time and income.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and help me get better x

Bloggers of Luxembourg