empty beauty products june ¦ Glamglow, benefit, ABH..

Monday, June 05, 2017

I recently looked through all my drawers in my dorm room and noticed that I just hold onto products which are empty just because they sometimes cost a lot of money or I just really enjoyed. This made me think about starting a little unregular series about random things I've used up and share my thoughts with you.


  •  Glamglow Thirstymud 
 This hydrating mask retails for 50euros in Sephora for 50g. I bought this a while ago when I wasn’t at university yet and wasn’t responsible for buying my own food etc. At the time it seemed like a lot of money but i didn’t put it into the context of food shops (which I could buy 2 massive ones for 50euros) which would keep me from buying this now. I think the mask is nice, but it isn’t „transformative“ and mind-blowing enough for me to repurchase it for that price point. Also, I believe that fairly cheap sheet masks provide more hydration than this mask.
Rating out of 10: 5

  • Urban Decay All nighter setting spray 
The All nighter setting spray now has a new packaging, which shows that I’ve had this setting spray for a while. This has a particular reason: I just loved it so much that I didn’t want to use it on an average day. I really tried to only use this 30euro-setting spray whenever my makeup had to last for many hours or when I went out. Other than that I would use my fairly cheap Nyx dewy setting spray. I would definitely repurchase this setting spray as I really enjoyed the evenly distributed way this product sprays on your face. 
Rating out of 10: 9

  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow definer in Blonde
This is the second Anastasia Brow definer I’ve owned and used up completely. This product retails for around 27euros which is really up there for a brow product in my opinion. For this particular reason, I decided to try the benefit Goof Proof brow pencil, which is ever so slightly cheaper and just as good. Finally I’ve looked into more affordable brow pencil options by trying the Nyx Micro Brow pencil which is a total winner for me, it is around 10euros or 8. I would even say it’s just as good as the Anastasia one, which means that I probably won’t repurchase it anytime soon although it is a brilliant product.
Rating out of 10: 8            


  •  Benefit Pore-fessional primer
I’ve had this mini version of the primer for a very long time and personally I just don’t reach for it very often. I don’t have very visible pores nor mature skin which could be smoothed out. In general, I just prefer more hydrating and radiance-boosting primers rather than pore-minimizing ones, which means that this product just isn’t for me, although it definitely does what it claims. Will I repurchase it? Probably not anytime soon unless my skin texture changes.
Rating out of 10: 6


  • Kiko Brush cleanser
This makeup brush cleanser is supposed to be used by spraying the product onto the brush and wiping all the „dirt“ or excess makeup off the brush. This brush cleanser is definitely useful when you need to give your brushes a quick cleanse and they need to dry within 20 minutes. However, this product cannot replace a proper deep-cleanse but is useful when there is not a lot of time. I will definitely repurchase this product as it is easy to use and has never done any damage to the bristles.
Rating out of 10: 8

  • L'Oréal Pure Clay Purity wash
This facewash is a rather new one at the drugstore but I just love this so much. It leaves your face refreshed as well as smooth and the clay really helps to get rid of any dirt or makeup leftovers. I love the fact that it is affordable and doesn’t strip the skin. Overall a great product which I will buy again.
Rating out of 10: 9



 

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

Share your thoughts and help me get better x