Sunset inspired makeup look

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

In honour of the start of spring yesterday, and a rather decent day regarding weather here inWales, I was inspired to created this warm sunset makeup look which is really easy and fun to recreate. I believe that this look is actually wearable for daytime and you could even tone the lip down by just wearing gloss with the eye look if this is too out of the box for you. However I believe, that makeup should be fun and sometimes a little bit of experimenting with different colours will actually help you find something you enjoy. Unfortunately my skin has been rather dehydrated as you can see from some cakeyness on my nose (uggh why) and the texture on my forehead, but what can you do other than put on tons of product and facemaks. If you want to learn which product I used to create this look than continue down below.

  • one-Hydrate your face first before going in with makeup using the Mario Badescu Rosewater facial spray
  • two-Use this Body Shop Radiant Highlighter as a primer to give extra glow
  • three-Apply this Clinque CC Cream with SPF 30 all over your face for a natural but even complexion
  • four-Use a slightly lighter concealer than your own skintone as an undereye highlight, the one I was using is Sephora high coverage concealer in 13 pink porcelaine
  • five-because one concealer is not enough I used this creamier and slightly darker concealer to mix in and cover my blemishes Catrice Liquid Camouflage high coverage concealer in 020 light beige

  •  six-For a radiant and glowy complexion I used my beloved Milani Dolce Baked Bronzer which I only recently featured in my new in post, and it is quickly becoming a favourite of mine
  • seven-I used this Kiko Rebel Boumcy blush in 01 velvety Peach which has a very creamy formula and cannot be applied by a brush, which is why it looks in a weird state, but the product looks perfectly fine once blended in with a sponge or just using fingers
  • eight-To highlight I used my favourite Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop, this highlight actually completely broke, which was a very sad day in my life (first world problems I know), and I just decided to fix it which is why it looks atrocious but it works perfectly normal

  • nine-Before starting the whole eyeshadow process I prepped my eyes using the concealers I mentioned earlier. For my eyeshadow look I used my favourite palette which is the infamous Morphe 35O. I started out by using colour 1 and 2 in my cream with a wider crease brush, added some depth in the crease with 3 and 4. Using a more tapered and smaller crease brush I added colour 4 to my outer corners and finally used colour 6 as an overall lid colour by using a wet packing brush.

  • ten-To fill in everything but the start of my brow I used my Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil in shade 2
  • eleven-Using the Colourpop Brow Pencil in Blondie I filled in the start of my brow as it helps me control the amount of product i put on easier as it has a very fine tip, as I am not a fan of big Instagram brows on myself
  • twelve-For mascara I used my new favourite Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara after I curled my lashes
  • thirteen-Finally to set my whole face makeup I use my NYX dewy skin setting spray, which I generally don't use if I want my makeup to stay on for hours and hours. However I like it to give me more of a dewy and less powdery finish similar to MacFix+
  • fourteen-As a lipshade I decided to go for my favourite terracotta coloured liquid lip which is the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita 2
  • fifteen-Finally I felt like adding a little bit of a glitter finish to my lips and also bringing in the gold element from the eye look again by using Jouer Lip Topper in Skinny Dip

I hope you enjoyed this post x

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

Share your thoughts and help me get better x

Bloggers of Luxembourg

Luxemburger Wort